For the 5th International Festival of Documentaries and TV Programs "The Northern Character" (November 20th-22nd, 2012)
The 5th International Festival of Documentaries and TV Programs "The Northern Character" will be held in Murmansk on November 20th-22nd, 2012.
The Festival’s slogan is Seduced by the North.
The aims of the Festival:
to unite journalists of Northern countries and create conditions for interpenetration of cultural traditions of different countries;
- to provide world community with more information about people’s life in northern regions;
to give the authors of TV programs opportunity to wider their audience, to inspire young journalists to raise their professional competence in producing TV programs and documentaries;
to develop the market of TV content for the regional companies.
2. ORGANIZATION OF THE FESTIVAL
The 5th International Festival of Documentaries and TV Programs "The Northern Character" is supported by the Government of the Murmansk region, OJSC MMC “Norilsk Nickel”, “Media Platform” LLC.
Organizers of the Festival
Broadcasting company "TV-21" ("North-West Broadcasting" LLC)
Partners of the Festival:
Association of journalists Barents Press International
Murmansk branch of Journalist Union of Russia
Nordic Journalist Center Update
Norwegian Barents Secretariat
Palace of Culture of S.M. Kirov
Place and date - Murmansk, Russia. November 20th-22nd, 2012
Official languages - Russian and English.
3. PROGRAM OF THE FESTIVAL
- Competition of programs and films.
- Presentation and discussions of films and programs.
- Master-classes led by Russian and foreign filmmakers.
- Media – Forum on “hot points” of journalism.
- Presentation of television projects.
- Out-of-competition presentation of films and programs.
- Cultural program.
4. NOMINATIONS OF THE FESTIVAL
1. Documentary Film
2. Television Program
3. News program
4. Short Report
5. Program about Culture
6. Youth (Children) Program
7. Short Fiction Film
5. CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
We include in the competition list programs of various genres, TV and documentary films, video clips and reports produced by state, municipal and private television companies, studios and independent filmmakers.
One and the same film/program can’t be presented in more than one nomination.
Deadline for applications is May 31, 2011.?
Deadline for works is September 1st, 2012.
Every film/program can be included into competition list after a decision made by the members of Expert Council after the September, 15.
It’s the Jury that summarizes results of competition. Prizewinners are awarded with Diplomas and prizes. The Jury also awards special prizes: “For the best Director's work”, “For the best Cameraman's work”.
Results of official competition will be announced at a Closing Ceremony on November 22nd, 2012 in the city of Murmansk.
Journalists who want to cover the work of the Festival, have to register themselves, filling in a relevant application form on the web-site. Accreditation is free of charge.
6. NECESSARY FORMALITIES
1. Application form should be filled in on the web-site of the Festival and sent by e-mail: email@example.com
2. Two copies of film/program are obligatory
Please, keep to following formats
a)The support of the video data DVD-ROM.
b)Video format: MPEG-2 or Microsoft DV, TV-Standard PAL, frame size of 720x576 pixels, Aspect ratio of 4:3 or 16:9 video stream of 4-8 Mbit/s variable or 8 Mbit/s constant (25 Mbit/s for the Microsoft DV), Interlacing – Bottom Field First.
c)Audio format: PCM (48KHz 16 bit, 2 channels) or MPEG Audio Layer-2 (48KHz 224 or 256 kbps, 2 channels).
Each program should carry identification leader tape with the name, duration, producing company, authors. Tapes and disks with defects are not admitted.
3. Programs (films) should have subtitles in English. Non-Russian participants should also send scripts in English with application form by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org . It is not allowed using scrolling text forsubtitles. The standard for subtitles is 2 lines.
4. Russian participants should also attach completed form (see application form) with the agreement to render rights for non-commercial demonstration of the program/film to TV-21 as well as using parts of it in the programs of TV-21.
5. The following information must be also provided for the booklet: brief information about authors, 1-2 screen-shots from the film (JPG 720х576, 24 bit), the film annotation (not more than 250 symbols!), name of the company, full address, phone numbers, e-mail. The information should be translated into English and sent by e-mail: email@example.com
Foreign participants, Attention please: name of the work has to be specified in the original language and also has to be duplicated in the Russian and the English languages.
The Organizing Committee is not responsible for claims and lawsuits concerned copyrights of films/programs presented on the Festival.
Films and programs will not be returned.
8. CONTACT INFORMATION
Programs/films, application forms, printed version of subtitles should be sent on the address:
6, Zhurbi Street, Murmansk, 183010, Russia
Limited Liability Company "North-West Broadcasting" – TV Company "TV-21"
Please, note «Festival "The Northern Character"».
Telephone/fax: 8 (8152) 400-870 , Extention.125
1. Svetlana Soldatova – chairman
+7 921 511 05 00, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Yury Yerofeev – executive director
+7 921 036 00 40, email@example.com
3. Svetlana Osminina – commercial director
+7 911 303 21 90, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Olga Danilchenko – coordinator
+ 7 921 287 03 93, email@example.com
4. Elena Larionova – coordinator
+7 921 270 63 79, Jelena@polarnet.ru
5. Anastasia Jakonjuk – coordinator
+7 911 304 44 24, firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Hilde Korsaeth – coordinator (Norway)
7. Bernt Viklund – coordinator (Sweden)
8. Reijo Nikkila coordinator (Finland)