1. An application for participation in the competition is filled out on the website http://northchar.ru/ (for films in languages other than Russian, a film script in English is required; the script is attached to the application).
2. Form of submission of works:
a) Video data source: Internet file (Vimeo, Dropbox, Yandex.Disk, Google drive, cloud.mail.ru) NB: Videos from YouTube are not accepted!
b) Video and audio data format: content * .avi, * .mpeg (* .mpg), * .mp4, * .mov, * .m2ts (encoder: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, or Microsoft DV PAL
Audio / video in * .vob format are not accepted!
Recommended file size - 5-7 GB
c) The audio track of a film, program or story must be mixed in both L and R channels with -11dB sound level.
Audio data format: PCM (Stereo, 48 KHz 16 bit, 2 channels), MPEG Audio Layer-2 (48KHz 224 or 256 kbps, 2 channels), AAC, AC3.
Each film in competition must have an identification leaderboard, which indicates: name, timing, manufacturing company, authors of the film. Materials that have defects in the image, sound, presented in a different format, are not accepted to the competition.
3. Film in competition must have subtitles in English. It is not allowed to overlay titles with "creeping line". The standard for subtitles is 2 lines, taking into account the standard zone of their proper location.
4. For the Russian participants - a completed form for the transfer of the right to non-commercial use of the submitted materials within the framework of the Northern Character Cinema Marathon, outdoor cinemas, use of program / film fragments in special stories, videos about the Northern Character International Film Festival (the form is included in the application).
5. Materials for the booklet: brief information about the makers of the film / program, stills from the film (1-2 photographs (JPG 720х576, 24 bit), annotation for the film (up to 250 characters!), name of the manufacturer, contact phone numbers, e-mail. Information must be submitted in Russian and English. (All information is written in the application)
For the foreign participants: the title of the film is indicated in the original language and duplicated in English.